question about read and run me

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by adhder, Aug 11, 2010.

1. adhder

adhder Private E-2

I have been here before for virus removal. You solved my problems, your all miracle workers, really! My problem is this though....I have already used the free trial version mentioned in the read and run me, the programs that helped rid my computers diseases. If I can no longer use the trial versions where do I go from there? I do not remember my old user name or the old email acct associated with it, therefore using a new name. I'm sorry about that.... I didnt want to start with the read and run me before I asked this question if I were going to run into a brick wall. Thanks for any and all help :):major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The free applications mentioned in the Read Me guide for malware removal are perpetual free applications that dont remember if you have used a trial version before, so you should be ok to run the guide again and use the applications mentioned.

Just follow the guide, and then start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs as mentioned and the malware removal experts we have here will sort you out.

Good luck with the removal.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

A warm welcome to the forums! :)

4. adhder

adhder Private E-2

thank you..............will get started. wish i would have checked my thread sooner. i know its volunteer work and can take time, thought it would take a while to get back to me but you did so sooner. THANKS!!

5. adhder

adhder Private E-2

oh boy i had a problem downloading superantispyware. i noticed the 'note' above directions where it request not to download to temp files so i clicked on save instead of run and saved it to 'program files'..when i finished all other downloads and went to the program there was nothing but an empty folder! so i searched the computer and found a superantispyware.exe file clicked it and it asked if i wanted to run. i said run and it does nothing i have to download it all over again which takes 39 min and this time just click on 'run'........i hope it goes smoothly :) thanks for ya'lls help

6. adhder

adhder Private E-2

ok so when the download completed it asked if i wanted to run the program i said no and now i dont see superantispyware any where i've used 'search' i cant find it and im starting to be very mad at myself for being so ignorant! it downloaded into temp files or folders or something and im needing help

7. red40y

red40y Private E-2

try going to computer and on the left, there will be a downloads link. if not there, on start, type temp and open temp folder, might be there.
    by the way, this is for if you have win7 or vista.
    good luck

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Have you gone in to your internet options and changed how you download files? If not, you can go in and choose the option to always be asked where you would like files downloaded. That will make it easier to follow the instructions in the Malware removal process.

If you can not find the download, just download it again and when it pops up asking you if you want to install it, just say yes.

Here are the full instructions on how to run it: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127217

9. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!
    Because you are not supposed to select Run when you first started doing the download with your browser and then you chose not to run it!!!!!

For any individual application, you would normally be doing the below in the order written:
    • download the installer program ( not run it from the download link ) and save it somewhere you can find which is preferably not a temporary folder which is subject to having all files deleted.
    • then you need to locate the installer program and run it to install the program
    • then run the scan per the instructions
    The same basic logic applied to every scan. That is you download and save the installer, run the installer, run the scan. However are instructions are quite clear! We actually ask that you DOWNLOAD and save all programs first. Then there are specific instructions for installing/running each. Also at the beginning of the READ & RUN ME, we specify that if you have problems trying to run any program, just to continue on and report problems later when all steps have been attempted. We do not want you to assume that if one program does not run, that others will not.

You need to be posting in the Malware Forum for any additional help with your problems not in the Welcome Center.;) The people who can guide you the best with your problems, are in the Malware Forum. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds