Question...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by christieb, Oct 24, 2006.

1. christieb

christieb Private E-2

I followed the "Read & Run Me First Before Asking for Support" and posted my logs in the Malware Removal Thread. I am so scared that this stuff is just re-populating while I wait.

I know that the steps I took did not cure my machine. What should I do? :eek:
    This is a work computer and I am loosing valuable time working on important projects. Some one told me that re-formatting the drives would fix this, but if I back up my files don't I risk bringing the trojans back? I have been fighting what started as one trojan and has multiplied to 4 or 5 for the past month.

One more thing, I noticed that something for Quickbooks was running when I didnt have it open. My company uses the online version of Quickbooks (which I have accessed fromt this computer) should I notify someone that our bank information may be being looked at?

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Well if your infected with a keylogger then theres a chance that someone may be recording every keystroke you make. And yes, if you dont have a firewall, then its possible the trojan is accessing and sending all kinds of info about your pc to a remote pc, best follow the directions of the malware fighters as I am not that experienced in fighting it.

3. christieb

christieb Private E-2

Thank you. I will wait for their responses.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Shouldn't your company have some sort of it department much more qualified then you to clean your machine. Seriuosly thats your best solution, im mean we have the best spyware people around. But you should be using your in house support, to do the job as they probably have procedures in place.

5. christieb

christieb Private E-2

We are a small start up company and we outsource our IT needs. The man we use had my computer for three days and gave it back as fixed....well obviously he didnt fix it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds