Removing malware

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mveli09wamabetho, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mveli09wamabetho

mveli09wamabetho Private E-2

I'm using windows vista, sp1. my computer shows files from a memory stick as a short cut, I cannot access them, if I send files from my computer to another they are displayed also as short cuts. I'm using AVG Free edition 9.0. Also I cannot get new updates from microsoft, I get an error message code 80072 EFE.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mveli09wamabetho, and welcome to Major Geeks.

If you suspect that the Windows Update issue is malware-related, then I suggest you go through the Malware Forum's Read & Run Me First thread, perform all of the suggested steps, and attach the requested logs to a new thread in that forum.

As far as the memory stick problem: how are you transferring files? Are you copy/pasting, or are you using some other method?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds