report after cleaning

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Wanda1824, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanda1824

Wanda1824 Private E-2

trojan

report before cleaning

Attached Files:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Re: trojan

Is there a reason you have logged in under two different user names? I have removed your other post to the malware section ....

3. Wanda1824

Wanda1824 Private E-2

report after cleaning

Attached Files:

4. Wanda1824

Wanda1824 Private E-2

AVG has detected the trojan horse "SpySheriff.D". I tried Smitt Fraud Fix, now I'm scanning with AVG again & it's still there. We downloaded spywarebot (rather than spybot). Also, cannot get rid of it in "Uninstall or change program".

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

You have not answered TimW's question. As he is one of the Malware fighters and you are asking for help with an infected computer, I would highly suggest you follow his instructions.

You will not get help with Malware in the Welcome Forum.

6. Wanda1824

Wanda1824 Private E-2

SpySheriff

AVG has detected SpySheriff. We accidentally installed Spywarebot (rather than spybot). I ran Smit Fraud Fix. New scan still shows it on my computer. Also, I cannot remove Spywarebot from "uninstall or change programs". I'm using Vista. What should I do now? I attached report (from after the cleaning process) in the thread "after cleaning report".

new at this--sorry!

please help!!

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Wanda..once again we have had to merge your multiple threads on the same isue that you have spread across the forums.

ONE PROBLEM, ONE THREAD.

Also, as TimW asked, why do you have 2 accounts, and you are posting the same thing from each? This just serves to waste valuable Malware Fighters time.

ONE ACCOUNT ONLY

You have a thread with the very same issue in the Malware Forum under your JOSIE account here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=153573 Please follow TimW's instructions.

I am closing this duplicate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds