Scam Using Major Geeks As The Generous Benefactor...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Peggy Carson, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Peggy Carson

Peggy Carson Private E-2

I got a call this morning from someone with a very strong accent telling me that I bought something through Major Geeks last year & since they can no longer service the program I bought they are offering me a refund. I DID get the Malware Bites program, I don't remember if I bought it or downloaded it for free, but they knew I had something from Major Geeks & tried so hard to give me my $299 refund. How kind of them. All I needed to do was log on to my computer & they would do the rest, right? Anyway, thought somebody at Major Geeks should know about this.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, I'm honored that someone thinks we're big enough to use our name, but that's weird. We don't collect phone numbers, unless one of the companies who collect money, and processes millions of sales was hacked. I'll dig around, thanks!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yeah great thought Tim as not seen in any account info you have to add phone number etc!

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Think about this: If you paid $299 for ANY PROGRAM, surely you would remember what you bought because that's a lot to pay.

We get these calls about offering us a $299 refund for a program we bought (Major Geeks was not mentioned). I just hang up.

My husband got yet another call about our auto warranty expiring. Rather then hang up, he asked, "what car?". They couldn't answer that.

If you get another call wanting to refund you $299 for a program, ask what program. They won't be able to answer.

Peggy Carson and DavidGP like this.
  5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Tell him he can keep the $299 and use it to further his children's education.
    Hopefully they won't become scammers like their father. :eek:

the mekanic, Peggy Carson and DavidGP like this.
  6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ok Im now thinking if someone wants to relive themslves of $299 then pay me

plodr likes this.
  7. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Log 'em in to a virtual machine and let 'em have their fun!

the mekanic likes this.
  8. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

DavidGP likes this.
  9. A1phaG33k

A1phaG33k Private First Class

I like the concept, but the way spammers spoof phone numbers these days, its not a good idea. Could even lead to legal action against you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds