Scsi Nightmare

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sevenko696, Nov 4, 2007.

1. sevenko696

sevenko696 Private E-2

:cry

Several years ago, I built a SCSI machine with 3 HDs and a SCSI CD Rom. Installed both Windows 98SE and Linux on it. I was running fine, and then my motherboard died.

About 2 weeks ago, I bought a new motherboard and installed it, then reconnected the HDs.

The unit has an AMD Slot A 700 processor and a Diamond FirePort SCSI adaptor.

The adaptor recognizes all 3 drives, but I cannot format any of the 3 HDs, and I cannot run Scan Disk on any of the drives.

I can Fdisk the drives and the drives are then recognized correctly, but when I try to format them, the computer just freezes at different points in the Scan Disk process. It also freezes at various points in the Scan Disk process.

I have also tried to format the drives with Ontract and it also freezes at various points in the process.

I cannot believe that all 3 HDs died at the same time, from just sitting on a self for two years. But because this is my first excursion in the world of SCSI, I have no idea of what the problem may be.

Is there anyone kind soul can give me an idea of what is wrong and how I can correct it?

Thanks to any kind soul who takes pity on me.

Charlie :cry

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's. start a new thread in the hardware forum.

hardware

that is the best place to start..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds