sigtest

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by tallship, Nov 9, 2015.

1. tallship

tallship Private E-2

A test post for my sig to make sure everything appears as it should.

2. tallship

tallship Private E-2

yup...

3. tallship

tallship Private E-2

FYI, in case anyone is wondering, or will wonder about this in the future (because all I'm going to do if flamed is just post a link to this thread), the quote in my signature is not attributed to Dr. Gary Kildall because my signature is limited to 3 lines.

In a post, it's obviously only one line. In the signature editor it wraps to two and a half lines, with the attribution and BB Code formatting - but the system still won't take it, so it was either this fav quote of mine or the one that I like so much my James Alchin - both of which most of you are prolly completely clueless about, yet both quotes relate so coincidentally to why most folks are here seeking help in this forums in the first place lolz.

So if you figure out why I find it so significant, these two quotes that I'm referencing, I'll give you either two brownie points or three gold stars ;)

Here's that other quote, in case you were wondering:

"This is never going to work. You have to shut it down. Shut it down. Take the whole thing down." - James Allchin.

Okay, and now it's awl guud!

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MajorGeeks. :major

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey tallship

Welcome to the forum and signature lines and images have been limited on the forum since creation as back in the early days or 1st incarnation of Majorgeeks in Tweakfiles, siglines became out of hand and then came in the early 2000s the use of images in siglines on forums and those took up space, loaded forums and threads slowly (back in the DUN and early BB days) so we took the stance that speed of forum and the Q&A was the main part not siglines.

But glad to see you managed to add yours ok now.

One of Jim's better quotes was "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft"

Again welcome

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds