Slow computer

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Rayna, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Rayna

Rayna Private E-2

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out what freeware is suggested to assist in the removal of malware. I know that there are plenty to chose from, but I really need something that is reliable, free, and not only scans but removes everything as well. I have a few problems going on but I do not know how to post it properly. Also, since I am here I may as well ask this too. Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem I am having with running my diskcleaner? What is happening is the prompt tells me to run command promt r. When I do this, it then tells me that the drive cannot be locked because it is being used. The file type is NTSF and the errors in index are $130 for file 22704 (this is shown twice). There are a bunch of other problems, but these are my main ones.

Thanks!
    Rayna

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    Go here and post your malware probs
    Malware Forum
    Follow the Read And Run
    Read and Run
    Since no one malware fighter can remove all malware, its best to follow the R&R and have our malware experts assist you.
    As for the diskcleaner solution, try runing CHKDSK

Open My Computer
    Right-click on the drive you wanna scan
    Click Properties
    Click the Tools tab
    Press the Check Now... button in the Error-checking box
    Make sure both boxes are checked and run the test.
    NOTE: If the scan cannot run while the computer is running, reboot and let it run

3. Rayna

Rayna Private E-2

Thank you for your reply. I am going through R&R right now but man it is very overwhelming. Seems to be a lot of stuff to do and I only hope to do everything without accidentally missing something. Anyhow, I have ran CHKDSK and it cannot finish there either. I am going to attempt to attatch the log so you can see what I am talking about. I will also post elsewhere if that is necessary. I am new and need assistance sometimes. Thanks!

Rayna

Attached Files:

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi... the R&R can look a bit daunting but it is the best way for the malware guys to help you out. take your time going through it and if you have any problems just post and someone will be able to give you advice.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Select yes, then reboot the pc and see if it works.

6. Rayna

Rayna Private E-2

I have selected yes several times and rebooted, but the same thing happens. It never does it! Anymore suggestions?

Rayna

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MGs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds