So thankfull I found you guys!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by symfunny, May 19, 2011.

1. symfunny

symfunny Private E-2

Hi! Like the title says: hurray! I'm having a big problem with my PC...I tried different maneouvres but nothing seems to be working...(suggestions from other forums). I seem to have lost my defrag and some of my files seem to move around all over the place...I wrote down all the procedures on your Malware Removal cleaning procedures so I can take action in cleaning up my PC from its I suspect Trojan virus...The thing is i'm terrified of doing these steps since I have no knowledge on PC repairs...I'm french but i manage fine with english comprehension...The first step is the hardest..can't even save Java on my desktop! It goes in program files which system 32 does not valid as its application, or saves on c:\doc&sett\symfunny\desktop, which is not a recommanded form of saving...Where should i post these different questions, and soon to follow other possible questions :confused Although I feel i'm in good hands, i can't help but to be :banghead Amost forgot: how much time does it take to do these procedures (we have one pc for 2 teens with alot of homework involving a pc and myself for work). Thanking you in advance :)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's!! As the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide states, if you can't do something, just move on to the next thing. It's a pretty simple set of instructions, though long. Start a thread in the Malware forum and attach the requested logs. Depending on how fast you can do the instructions, how fast we can get to you with a fix will determine how long it takes to get you clean.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds