spybot S&D not responding

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Cithiel, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Cithiel

Cithiel Private E-2

Hello,
    My name is Cithiel... am trying to clean up my PC, hoping I can do this with your help.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you think you have malware on your system, please go here:
    READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

and when you have the requested logs, start a thread in that (Malware Forum) forum.

Oh!!! And welcome to MG's. :)

3. Cithiel

Cithiel Private E-2

as a newbie I'm threading in unknown waters... so pls bear with me... am on 2nd step on cleaning my pc. downloaded & ran spybot s&d... following directions given
    it runs thru & in my case found 139 problems... now here's where I'm having issues... when I click the fix it... it freezes up... & gives the "not responding" message...
    I closed the page & hit re-start PC. Once my pc rebooted ran it again & the same happened. So I following the advise here MG's uninstalled it making sure it wasn't still in my C:/... re-downloaded it & it went thru all the steps & found 139 files (again)... so I clicked the fix it again & it did the very same thing... Help! what am I doing wrong? Are the viruses in my PC causing this? is there anyway around it?...
    -Cith

4. Cithiel

Cithiel Private E-2

Hi Tim & thx for the welcome : )
    head still spinning w/ the newness of this site & not sure I'm posting correctly... so I post the previous b4 i saw ur post : ( yes I did & am following steps in link U posted...
    I have done
    step #1 + CCleaner,
    step 2,
    am in step #3 for XP
    ran the SUPERAntiSpyware & having prob w/ spybot s&d as stated in my previous post...
    any advise as to getting this spybot to stop "not responding"?

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

As Tim stated, you need to work through the Read & Run Me First link he gave and then start a new thread in the Malware Forum to attach your logs.

• If something does not run, write down the info to explain to us later in your new thread but keep on going with the instructions

This is just the Welcome Forum, and is not for more detailed advice specifically of a malware nature.

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. :):waveWelcome to the forum....:wave

Maximus.....:major​

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds