SSCVIIHOST.exe ERROR or Task Manager is Blocked and cannot be Selected

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by VERGE, May 1, 2008.

1. VERGE

VERGE Private E-2

PLEASE HELP... My Task Manager is blocked... I think it is related to the error I see when my PC re-boot. Please help! Let me know if there's any solution

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

Can you give us the error you are getting when you boot? Also, have you made any software or hardware changes lately?

E

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcoem, Please do start a new thread in the Software forum and give is as mentioned as much detail as possible, as in which windows version you using, have you done malware scans and if so did they find anything.

And if your spelling of the SSCVIIHOST.exe file is not wrong then its very likely you have malware as malware can and does change or mirror the file names of actual legitimate files, so in this case run the below again do remember to post in the corrrect forum, which in this case is Malware, but only after doing the below.

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds