!st post & help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by libr8r, May 13, 2008.

1. libr8r

libr8r Private E-2

jut saying hi,
    looks a very useful site.
    I want to change a few keys on my laptop, specifically it is a US keyboard & I want to replace the dollar signwith the British pound sign, & reassin the dollar to say "alt 4" not shift 4 also the Euro sign to alt hash. I tried downloading The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4, but its not working on my lap top - Vista Home premium64. no "screen/virtual keyboard " appears to work on, not when selected from existing keyboards or when starting from new.
    any fixes for the sortware , or alternative software.
    slill level, basic-int.
    thanx

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

You would be better off posting in the Software forum. This is just the forum to say hi, so you won't get as many people viewing this.

3. libr8r

libr8r Private E-2

thanx 4 the tip, have done so,
    just waiting

4. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and welcome to MG's :)
    While you are waiting for a reply to your question, why not check out all the other forums? The Lounge is a good place to get acquainted with everyone here ;)
    G

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds