Suspicious Email Around!!!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ncaraccio, Nov 30, 2006.

1. ncaraccio

ncaraccio Private E-2

Dear Nadina Caraccio,

It may surprise you recieving this letter from me,since there was no previous
    correspondance between us.My name is Barr.Lai Tuck Yew a Malaysian
    national and personal Attorney to Late Mr Martins Caraccio, who was hereinafter called my client.

My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by
    my late client, to avoid it being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank.
    Where this fund valued ($US 3,600,000.00) Three Million Six Hundred Thousand
    United States Dollars deposited by my client before his death.

This Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin or the account will
    be declared unserviceable and the fund diverted to the Bank treasury,So far all my
    efforts to get a hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive.Hence,I
    have contacted you.

I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of Kin/
    beneficiary of my late client's fund, since you have the same last name,so that the
    proceeds of this account can be paid to your account,then we can share the fund on
    a mutually agreed,based on percentage.

All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client's Next of Kin I
    shall provide them. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this
    transaction.

The intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will
    protect you from any infraction of the law.However,if this business proposition offends
    your moral ethics,do accept my sincere apology.If on the contrary you wish to achieve
    this goal with me kindly get back to me with your interest via this email address for further explanation.

Kindest Regards,

Barr.Lai Tuck Yew
    (LLB Hons.)

This is the email I have received, This gentlemen asked me for $3000.00 to open an account in Malasya promising me that I was going to receive an heritage of 3M...Please report this as soon as possible. I was one of his victims!!!! Anybody else???? please contact me.
    Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  2. ncaraccio

ncaraccio Private E-2

Yes it's true!!!! Be careful with this guy!

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

People fall for this sadly. Delete any emails similar to this as well, as a matter of fact, if you didnt ask for it, dont do anything by email. Logins to your bank, credit card, paypal, for example.

4. ncaraccio

ncaraccio Private E-2

Luckly there was always a doubt about this kind of "millionare:) situation" so I haven't provided any money at all. This case has been reported already to avoid this could happen to you one day. Have a great day!

5. abri

abri MajorGeek

"target" maybe.

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

This scam has probably been out there longer than I have, lol
    Just delete any similar emails in the future, especially those from Nigeria and such :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds