system restore can't restore

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ppope, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ppope

ppope Private E-2

Hello everyone. My name is Phil and I'm the new kid on the block. I have a little problem I never had before and hoping to get it resolved without spending a lot of time learning the proper way to find the answer. (I'm a lazy bad boy) :-o
    System restore has saved me from disaster many times but lately I am getting a message that it was unable to restore to the selected date and time and to try another restore point. Any number of different restore points leads to the same message. I'm running xp home. Don't know if it is relevant but a couple of weeks ago I shut down system restore to get rid of any malware that might be hiding there and then restarted it.
    Anyone know what might be going on here?
    Thanks in advance; I'm feeling pretty ignorant.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and welcome :wave

This really should be reposted in software try accessing system restore in safe mode and see if you still have the same problem...but do repost in software giving as much details as you can.

Also see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796

Best of luck
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds