Taking Time To Say Thanks!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by romeroy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. romeroy

romeroy Private E-2

Good Morning,

To Abri, Bill, Studiot, & Tim:

The sun is shining here in the small community of Seagoville Texas, so it is going to be a nice day. I just wanted to tell each of you once again thanks so much for all of the wonderful info & help advice.

The service you provide to people in crisis & whatever they may need will be rewarded back to you without measure.

May this day bring to each of you & the entire Major Geeks Team many blessings, enriched always with plenty of sunshine.

If ever I need any help in the future, make no mistake this will be the first place I come to for the solution(s). :)

Take care,
    Don
    :wave

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Don

The folk you mentioned in the post above will be warmed with your truely nice post in thanks to all their help they have obviously given you, all do this tech support freely in spare moments in the day, most of the time without thanks, so from me....

THANK YOU for posting this thread, makes giving up spare time worthwile :) and glad you like the forums, just remember to tell your friends etc about this place.

David

3. romeroy

romeroy Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Without any reservations, I extend the same sentiments to you as I did earlier for the others for your nice words.

Indeed, I will tell my friends about this wonderful site with its Stellar Group of people, willing to help those in need.

Continue to do so & know that there are some of us who really appreciate the sacrifice of good will the Major Geeks Team provide! :)

Until a later time,
    Take care,
    Don

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Guess you got it fixed? :D

We all do what we can, it's what makes us a community. If you read my profile you'll see I call myself an old geek. I'm probably one of the few people that could help someone with a Commodore or TRS80 here, and I have on the Commodore side answered questions.

I notice from your post above we are literally neighbors, I'm guessing within 60 miles of each other. Ever been to Garland TX? I've traveled through Seagonville on my way to Gunbarrel.

Thanks for the feedback, and have a good un!

5. romeroy

romeroy Private E-2

Hi Bill,

Well, I did not have a problem after all!

I would like to post a response from the Paretologic Co. (XoftSpySE) regarding the issue I had with the Win32 Delf AK infection. Mind you, this came five days after alerting them to the issue at hand. I contacted you,
    (a free site) & got a response immediately. It makes you wonder about customer service & the business community.

Here is the response:
    Hello Don,

Thank you for your question. The file inquestion is an issue that is to be dealt with in the update due for release today. Please update your program in a few hours and then run another scan. If the issue continues please get back to us right away, but you should not see the problem continue.

Best regards,

Richard

ParetoLogic Technical Team
    I hope this info will help those who are facing or will face the false positive with this type of so called infection. Hopefully, it will keep someone from removing the file, causing a monitor dysfunction like I have now.
    It is just a shame.

Also, I would be considered a senior citizen in this group & that's ok. :)
    Knowledge is a great assest to one's life as it affords them the tools to avoid a problem or correct it when it arises. Stand tall, knowing that you can help someone with a Commodore problem.

I still have a mint condition Intellivision II with rare Centipede & Donkey Kong Jr. games. How old school is that? :D

Indeed, I have been to Garland many times & I have lived in the Dallas area since 1978. Seagoville is a town you pass on the way to Gun Barrel City via highway 175 east.

Take care & once again thanks to the wonderful group of people in the Major Geeks Team.

Don

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Don

Yes false positives are a pest but I see that ParetoLogic's tech team were on the ball and issued an update quick smart, so good on them. And to you cheers on the feedback it will help others with similar issues with this app.

Hahah on Senior Citizen, well yes OK, but your also in the right place as we are a fairly unique fourm in that the age ranges of members are from early teens to 80+ and all have something to give to the group and that I love.

Me I'm on that hump of being in the middle 40s so its all downhill for me ;)

7. romeroy

romeroy Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Well, this False Positive fiasco has certainly been a pest & thorn in the flesh regarding the Win32 Delf AK so called infection. I did not know that such a thing existed & only through research about the infection did I come across your insightful & helpful forum.

My problem with Paretologic in sending me a response to the issue is that it offered no consolation to my monitor shutdown malfunction due to their default program. I believe that when we use a product it should offer reliability & safeguards to protect us.

What if my hard drive would have been wiped clean or something else? :confused
    Would Paretologic be willing to help me in that case? Hmmmmmm!
    I shutter to think. Even if they could, all of my info & programs would have been lost. Many have faced such a demise & it is devastating.

Like many of us, we trust the computer programs to do the job it is intended & when we see an infection notice from a scan, we go ahead & go through the remove process, trusting it will not delete any file(s) necessary for operations, as what happened to me.

Like I told Bill, knowledge is a great possession in one's life, it affords us to be ready for a potential problem or have the solution for one. I have gained knowledge in not being hasty removing infections, but researching its legitimacy first.

As for the age thing Halo, by you being in your mid-forties, it offers to many in this group maturity. You can only get this by experiences in life.

I am fifty years old & I must say my experiences have truly given me knowledge & insight.

As for my monitor shutdown issue, I will live with it & file it in my cabinet of "Things Happen."
    Until I decide to purchase another computer, most assuredly with Windows98SE as the OS, me & my ole dog (Premio PII Computer) will keep on going.

Never stop giving (Major Geeks Team) & know that good things will come back to you when you do.

Take care,
    Don

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Come to the lounge forum area and hang around. You'll fit right in, trust me. I really do believe we are among the friendliest places to hang out and post.

9. romeroy

romeroy Private E-2

Hi Bill,

I am honored to be asked to come & join in the with the members of the Lounge group.

There is no doubt in my mind, no place in this fourm will be hostile or offensive to anyone. The decency & courtesy that has been extended to me will be deeply appreciated always.

Look for me to stop by anytime & give my 2 cents worth of experience & knowledge! :)

Until another time my friend & neighbor,
    Take care,
    Don

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds