Temporary Internet Files P_ _ _es*!@ me Off

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dontyouknowshawn, May 30, 2007.

1. dontyouknowshawn

dontyouknowshawn Private E-2

Hi My name is Shawn and this is my first thread ever on this site. Just feeling it out. I work at GA Photonics as a Junior PC Tech.

The temporary internet files folder really ****es me off, how does it work?

I moved the folder from its default location and on to my spare drive, so its D:\Temporary Internet Files. When I clean the folder out using Internet Options, it works fine, but when I check it in Explorer, the cookies are still there which is fine since I didn't click delete cookies and there are no other files showing. But when I right click the folder it says 12 megs are being used and I have show hidden files on and show protected OS files on as well. So what is going on there?

I am asking since Norton caught a virus but couldn't delete it since it was in the Temporary Internet Files folder, under a long path name, I can't seem to dig it out myself either, unless I type it in a command prompt or something.

2. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

HI Shawn. Welcome to MG.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I am sure someone will be along to help you out.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's.. i think you should post your question in the software forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 as more people will see it in there. or if you can wait one of the MOD's should come along and move this thread for you...

4. dontyouknowshawn

dontyouknowshawn Private E-2

Thanks I appreciate the help. Have a good 1.

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello and Welcome :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds