Thanks to MajorGeeks Staff

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Frenchcoast, May 12, 2009.

1. Frenchcoast

Frenchcoast Private E-2

Just a brief introduction of myself. Am located in League City, Texas a suburb of Houston, Texas. I have refered to MajorGeeks several times in the past and the site has always been helpful with any problem I might be experiencing. I guess the main thing to remember is that we all are fighting the same battle, getting and keeping our computers running as good as we possibly can. A lot of us depend on (Freeware) as the cost of (Shareware) can deservedly be expensive. I have been using computers since the (PC6) was the latest on the market, if any of you recall what that was you know it's been 15+ years now. And still catch myself saying (WTF) on occasion. I have learned a lot but most importantly I am still learning. Through this forum we can all learn together, just think of the massed brain power we have here.

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Frenchcoast
    I totally agree with you on both statements. I am one of the freeware users myself as the economy has hit me harder since I have been out of work.But that doesn't prevent me from being able to protect myself on the pc.Just common sense and keep asking so you keep learning.
    Trust me there are several here Yours truely to be one, who still say the same thing and I'm sure more than once.If there's one thing I've learned about the technology of computers it's you will always be learning new things.

Amen To That!

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It's always nice to see someone post up a compliment as many just come for the help and disappear. :) Welcome aboard.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

to Frenchcoast
    Welcome to Major Geeks.

5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to the MG forums, Frenchcoast. :wave Oh, yeah, I agree 100%. Learning is the crux of this place. I've learned a shedload of stuff since coming here. Anti spy progs, anti virus, firewalls, cleaning procedures and most importantly, the number one most important thing at MGs. Don't cross the sisters. Oh, they can be cruel. I've been reduced to tears and a gibbering wreck on more than one occasion. I'm scared to say the wrong thing in case I'm castigated. Therefore I don't say much or get involved in any discussions. Timid as a little mouse, that's me. rolleyes

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Yeah. RIIIGGHHHHTTTTT.

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, Frenchcoast, to the best site around.. yes, we are all learning all the time, I am afraid to stop, I might miss something! :-D Oh, Joey is right about one thing, don't cross the ladies!... :-D:-D:-D

I also agree with you "Through this forum we can all learn together, just think of the massed brain power we have here. ". yes, a very powerful statement, and oh, so true! Isn't it just wild?

Great to have you, hope you enjoy yourself here. Thanks for stopping in. ;)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

9. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to majorgeeks :)

10. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

I'll take that comment in the manner it was intended.......dripping with sarcasm. :crybaby :-D

11. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Wasn't dripping that much.

12. Frenchcoast

Frenchcoast Private E-2

Thanks for the response to my introduction to your site. Good to know all this intelligence is available if needed. If I can ever be of assistance drop me a line. I have learned a bit over the years and am more than willing to share.

BTW guys, augiedoggie & gloozit are correct about my suggestion about reloading drivers, don't fix it if it ain't broke. Like all things microsoft they can go "pfhhhht in the middle of the night" after a year I had to reload mine as the mfg's had all rewritten (updated) them. It did make a difference, course I am not a gamer but do maintain several web sites for some old customers that I have had for several years now.My thought in departure is that "IT IS EASIER TO PULL A CHAIN THAN IT IS TO PUSH ONE"

CHEERS

FRENCHIE !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds