The Best Internet Booster or Optimizer for PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by DanMac, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanMac

DanMac Private E-2

Hey Everyone, I am new to the Fourm and have some Questions.

For the last month I have been trying to find the best optimizer and Booster for my PC. It seems everything I have Tryed hasn't done much good. I want to improve my Connecion and Overal PC speed. I was wondering If Any body could please help me Out With a Good program???????????

And Also any Programs I shouls have runing on My PC for Protection or any enhancers>

Thank you

Dan Mac:)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

For the PC protection part of your question, try this great guide How to Protect yourself from malware!

also for optomizing or basic cleanup tool CCleaner ( listed in the above guide is very good )

other things are;

1. Dont have too many startup items, those ones that populate the system tray, keep these down to MUST HAVE items only eg. Firewall/AV/Antispyware ( Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and how may running processes do you have? )
    2. Defrag
    3. Check your PC for Malware.

4. DanMac

DanMac Private E-2

Thanks For all Your Help, I was wondering If any of you guys have ever tryed Speedupmypc, I put that on and it didn't do a thing, except make my start up Fast!

DanMac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds