The Duck has Docked!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Racer Duck, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Racer Duck

Racer Duck Private E-2

Racer Duck here.

Stumbled on MajorGeeks several years ago and has been my favorite download site since.

I'm a divorced (8 yrs) retired (10 yrs) geek (30+ yrs w/IBM - in at the start of PC, Windows, OS/2, etc - ex-programmer.) Still spend a lot of time surfing the software sites. Have a mostly inactive sideline doing website design, but not ambitious enough to get into flash, animation, and all that really cool stuff.

My current passion (hobby) is short track racing. My son drives and I "own"/go-fer/wrench. I also moderate a Motorsports forum and co-moderate a NASCAR forum. I haven't read the rules of this forum yet to know whether I can post a link to there or not, so won't for now.

I live in central Texas by choice, and have been to all but 3 or 4 of the 50 states as well as Asia and Europe. My current target destination is French Polynesia .. hopefully I'll make it within the next 12 months...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Welcome Racer Duck,

Motorsports is a passion of mine, ok its more F1, WRC and GTs but all zippy cars facinate me.

Enjoy your stay at Majorgeeks :)

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome Duck:) I had to say hello in a thread titled "The duck has docked!":D

Sounds like you could help out in the forums,yeah hope you like it here:wave

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Ditto! And glad I did.
    It seems like there are only two NASCAR fans here. Lev and I.
    She's a Stewart fan but I forgive her because she's a mod, with an itchy ban button finger. LOL
    Welcome to MG.

5. Racer Duck

Racer Duck Private E-2

Well then ya need to saunter over to GoTeamsGo and check out our NASCAR forums. There's fans there for just about every driver, Smoke is one of the more popular drivers there, though he gets a fair number of bashes too (we don't allow member bashing, but drivers, team owners, sponsors and NASCAR are fair game!)

Forum Thread Writing 101, part 1: make your thread title stand out! (this one is one of my better ones ;))

Then ya gotta check out my Motorsports Forum at GoTeamsGo. I cover just about anything that's got a motor and competes. F1, WRC, MotoGP, Ausie Sprint Cars, V8 Super cars, Arenacross, Supercross, Snowmobiles, hillclimbs, off-road (Dakar, SCORE, etc.), GP2, Grand Am, WoO, Midgets, short track dirt and asphalt, Pulling, Monster Trucks, Superbikes, and the list goes on (anything non-NASCAR.) Haven't had any requests for drifters or low riders yet, but I'm sure someone out in cyberland would like a thread or two on them.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Just took a quick look and registered. Liked what I read and you probably will see me there.

7. Racer Duck

Racer Duck Private E-2

Hey, thanks a bunch. I just checked the member list and .. there you were! I think you'll enjoy it there.

One thing: every week there's a predictions thread (it'll be sticky'd) make your pick for 1st & 2nd place in that week's Cup race and there's some neat upgrades if you get either or both right. It's all explained in the first post of the thread. Plus they have a live chat during the race (I never participate 'cause my PC is in a different room from the big screen HDTV :D)

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Same here, but I do have a TV next to my PC desk. Depending on what race it is I may be there.
    And thanks for the info. As soon as I get a chance I will give a Hello there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds