Thought I had my computer clean fter doing all the read this first steps

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by nursedix, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nursedix

nursedix Private E-2

But today it is slow again and the antivirus and super antispyware show nothing wrong. The computer hard drive is contantly revving up and slowing way down. Can you help? I can attach the logs if you tell me which ones. Dixie

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

If you look in the instructions in the READ & RUN ME First procedures, you will see where it tells you which logs they would like.

You should have 5:
    1.Superantispyware
    2.Malwarebytes
    3.Combofix
    4.MGTools
    5.Rootrepeal

Post them in a new thread in Malware.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You were here last in Dec. of '09. And you didnt follow up with the Read and Run first instructions. Perhaps this time you will finish the instructions and attach the requested logs?:major

4. nursedix

nursedix Private E-2

OK, This sounds stupid. But where do I get my combofix log? I have the others but lost combofix when the computer restarted. Embarassed, Dixie

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Combofix log should be here:
    C:\ComboFix.txt

6. nursedix

nursedix Private E-2

I did the READ & RUN ME just yesterday. I did follow up in 09. I don't think I posted reply to the same thread. Sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds