Thought I should introduce myself before I ask for help.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by FinalDeity, Oct 31, 2007.

1. FinalDeity

FinalDeity Private E-2

Hi everyone, my name's Luke. I'm an Australian student about a week off from taking my final senior exams, so I'm pretty stressed and worried. To that extent, I'm virtually entirely dependent upon my computer for study - I do a University I.T. subject, and an extended Literature course, both via correspondence. Hopefully it'll be understandable if I say I had a little panic attack when I thought my computer was going to be useless to me during this stressful enough time.

So, yeah. Before I post specifics as to my problem, I felt I owed it to you guys to at least introduce myself. Could someone please point me in the direction of any necessary actions I have to take before requesting help; some forums require certain website scans, etc.

I've already performed every scan that I can think of with Norton Antivirus, AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (both, sadly trial versions; I can't afford much beyond that), HiJackThis (thus, I am posting here) and I'm presently scanning with ComboFix. None of removed this fairly major problem of mine. Are there any other necessities before I post the logs?

Thank you for your time.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  3. FinalDeity

FinalDeity Private E-2

Thanks, Fred. I'm about half way through the check list of things so far. :)

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. FinalDeity

FinalDeity Private E-2

HA HA!
    Seven different anti-virus/malware/spyware programs and scans later, I got the last of them. Sorry for the false alarm. There were two really tricky viruses to find, and a whooooooole bunch of spyware accumulated.
    Anyway, thank you guys for the welcome. :)

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds