To new members

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by edbo20, Jul 17, 2009.

1. edbo20

edbo20 Corporal

If you're wondering if MajorGeeks can help you with malware removal, the answer is certainly YES! Don't hesitate because you feel inadequate. It doesn't matter to them. They will walk you through it. I did it, so can you.

I've used the removal program at least 3 times (with different computers) and each time has been successful. One incident I outperformed McAffee virus removal team by using the program and McAffee refunded my money.

You can learn alot here.

Thank you MajorGeeks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi edbo20

Many many thanks for taking the time to post this good feedback, in a day and age when only negative feedback is given its a breath of fresh air to have someone take the time to post some positive comments.

I know that the malware folk here and especially Chaslang have spent years tailoring (and continue to do so) the guide steps to help you help us remove malware from a PC, the malware removal guys and girls will be very pleased at your comments and while we dont let them out of the malware removal forum much, I will link them to this great feedback

Again cheers you like the forum
    David

3. duckfeet

duckfeet Corporal

Yes: sometimes I think we take it for granted, that the malware fighters and others on MG know how much we appreciate what they do. I was at the end of my rope, and embarassed, trying to get rid of some entrenched stuff on a friend's computer, when some local geek, said: just go to MG, and follow intructions...

At this point I'd already been googling everywhere, trying to get rid of AV2008, but just ran into more scams, from rogue AV sites and semi-hustles everywhere...

So this was last gasp for me, before reformatting...and it changed everything...I believe I learned more about--not just malware--but Windows OS in general, simply by following the instructions I got on here....me, and many of the locals in my little beach town, are immensely grateful, that this site exists...

Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve, when you are new, and it can seem a bit overwhelming...but we've all been there...and here they really do help.

Thanks Majorgeeks: you do good.

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

dr.m peeks his head out of the dungeon to say "Thanks for that post, edo20!"

Uh, Oh! The Master Wizard is making his rounds again...
    [​IMG]

...back to the logs. [​IMG]

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Duckfeet, you are so right about how many of us:-o take for granted these helpers in all the forums not just malware. I got to thinking about the first time I posted. OMG did it get wild, crazy and just made no sense at all.(i didn't understand half of it myself when I started reading it from start to finish) That's when MA stepped in(Thank You Sir) and had me start over and I did and I want to tell you it worked when we all put our heads together and took it one step at a time. I actually ended up in malware.They are the Best of the Best and so are all the helpers at MajorGeeks.I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one who has helped me in all and any of my sticky situations I may have had before and after I became a member. THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A Thank You to you edbo20 for starting this.;)

6. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

If only I had a pound for every time someone has rightly sung the praises of MajorGeeks........I wouldn't need to work again. Sigh.

7. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

edbo20 (and others), thanks for taking the time to show your appreciation. It helps to keeps us going. ;)

8. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Thankyou very much for your kind words!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds