Trojan dropper from download

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by steve27, Nov 1, 2010.

1. steve27

steve27 Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm not sure where to post this. First of all, thanks for all that you and this site does, I really appreciate it.I wanted to let you know I downloaded a program the other day (from Majorgeeks) and after my comp was acting funny, did a scan with Malwarebytes. It found a trojan dropper on the download. You may want to check this download for Malware. The program was check disk 1.10 and I needed it to find bad sectors on my hard drive. Thanks.

2. runningcart

runningcart Corporal

hi :) welcome to majorgeeks steve27

looks like you need to look at READ AND RUN ME FIRST then post in the malware forum

good luck with solving your trojan problem

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to the forums. Thanks for the heads up, Iam sure they will check into it. Some come here claiming they got infected by downloads when its really just post positive or its something they got from somewhere else. I suggest you follow runningcarts instructions tho.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello

Yes, I have left a note for someone to look into it.

Thanks for reporting it.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Many thanks for alerting us to this, I have checked out the file with my resident Avast, and did a scan with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and they found no issues on my PC and with this file,

I also scanned with a mass scanner at Jotti and the results are HERE (one hit on malware but ClamAV is at times not accurate so I wouldnt be 100% sure that its not a false positive), I would follow the earlier advice and run the malware guide of our and then attach your results to a new thread in the malware forum and our malware experts will be able to assist you.

PECompact that is listed is a legit app thats used by many developers to compress their applicatons into a smaller size, so may well flag up a false positive in some AVs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds