Trojan in system 32 called fecus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Jae, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Jae

Jae Private E-2

I've read many of the threads/post but don't understand most of them. My problem is I was trying to remove what I thought was a trojan but it was many trojans. I ran avast (free home version) It kept finding the trojans in system 32 but said it could not remove because the process is being used by another program or something like that. I had AVG but once I loaded Avast It took several attempts to remove (AVG) it because everytime I tried to remove it the alarm and a flashing trojan sign came up. Finally I kept renaming avg and it's subfolders other names until it was deleted and I removed all programs that did nto come with the computer through add/remove. However, when I ran avast again it still tells me the same thing. Can I go into system 32 in vista and remove thhe name of the trojan that comes up on avast?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, Jae:wave My first advice to you, would be to head STRAIGHT to the malware thread, and go thru the RUN AND READ ME FIRST Follow the instructions, you need some Major Help, and that is where they take care of your situation... Go NOW, do not wait.... They will get you up and running, and you will be right as rain, BUT, you must be patient, and do not double post there..... Hang in there, ...... Here is a link for you..... http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  3. Jae

Jae Private E-2

OH MY GOODNESS!!

I cand do everything except the hijackthis. Even with the tuturial I couldn't manage what to do and what not to do. Ho hum, I'm not smart enough for this. Sorry, I thught I understood.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You should be able to do the steps in the guide just need to go slow as majority of the steps are downloading some tools, installing them then running them and Hijackthis (HJT) is part of MGTools so auto generates not only a HJT log but some other needed logs too, which are needed to help us help you, a HJT log on its own wont help a great deal.

Just go slow or get the help of a friend to assist, but to be hinest the majority of folk i have advisd to use the Guide have looked at it and thought that looks too complicated or too much to do, but when they start they find it OK.

5. Jae

Jae Private E-2

OKay, I'll try but what if it doesn't let me open the internet to follow the instructions and get the downloads. I'm writing from my computer now but the other computer (my daughters) is the one I'm trying to rid of the trojans.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Download the applications needed on the Pc that works and either via USB or CD transfer the applications to that PC, the guide you could print out or if the PC is in the same house then print out or do one step at a time.

If you can move the infected Pc to near your PC that would help in reading the instructions easier.

7. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks the best forums around,as you will soon find out. Follow what Halo tells and everything will be ok. MY first meeting with the read and run me first scared the Ta doodles out of me. I even got stuck once but just wrote down what happened and when it was time to log they walked me through the rest.These peeps here are the Greatest. Just be patient as they volunteer here as well as work in the real world and it goes by the Oldest post first. If you have questions continue to ask as you can see they will respond. Take a look around the place as there lots of different things here. Enjoy.

8. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to majorgeeks :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds