Trojans in THEWORLD Browser download

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Tru, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Tru

Tru Private E-2

Hi,
    I just found 2 high risk trojan spy win 32.Banker!IK files in my download of TheWorld Browser from Major Geeks.com. AVG did not pick it up nor did Superantispyware nor did zonealarm. WHat picked it up was Emisofts a squared free antimalware program. Are you guys aware of this?
    Please check it out as no one knows how many computers might have been infected with this browser.
    Tru

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You are getting a false positive from a-squared, which is not surprising. All our downloads are thoroughly tested and malware free.

And welcome to MG's!!

3. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Welcome!

4. Tru

Tru Private E-2

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

Apparently a squared removed the entire browser as high risk. Why do you think they would only target The World Browser for false positives and not any of the others? Could it be that its because the developers are Chinese? I dont understand why they would say it is hi risk and remove it if it werent true. Can you shed any light on this?

Thanx

5. TimW

I don't really know why it would trip on that browser, other than it does have certain security settings that a-squared may see as malware. It has nothing to do with the nation of origin. We often battle with security program writers for tripping on some of the tools we use to remove malware. I would imagine that if enough people complain to a-squared, they will fix it.

6. Tru

Tru Private E-2

I did just that last night

7. TimW

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

9. Tru

Tru Private E-2

No problem, Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds