trouble with slow xp new returning user

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dmsr44, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dmsr44

dmsr44 Private E-2

Hello group Have been here previously and have enjoyed the help...I am having problems with slow to respond XP system and pop ups from seemingly legit anti-virus programs. Please advise

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. keilowkei

keilowkei Private E-2

If u use avira anti-virus I believe u do get pop-ups from them

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi keilowkei, no, there shouldn't be ANY pop-ups, and if you are experiencing them as this OP is, maybe you should follow Halo's link too. ;)

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And it is usually right after an update.

7. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Just one of Avira's hidden extra's !
    P.S Forgot to say Hi there !

8. keilowkei

keilowkei Private E-2

Yea i was talking about the pop-ups that ask u to upgrade.But I Have a different problem an I am using the malware guide I have a wininit.exe.Trojan I think

9. silas

silas MajorGeek

wininit.exe Id go over to Malware section and run all scans and post all logs they asked for.

10. keilowkei

keilowkei Private E-2

I am or should say just got done with all the scans..Thanks silas an go steelers

11. keilowkei

keilowkei Private E-2

TeeCee,I should have worded that better.Should've said if you use a free version of Avira Anti-Spyware.You will get a pop-up asking you to upgrade.I don't know if you have a paid version if you will get pop-ups or not.Sorry about that TeeCee

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds