unable to log in without knowing my login id

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by leQ, Jul 19, 2009.

1. leQ

leQ Private E-2

i was hoping that i could log in using my email address as a login id. but that's not to be. so when i tried to register, i get that annoying 'the email address is in use' or some such verbage. so i tried to log in using the only thing i could think of associated with that email address. that wasn't to be either because those REALLY annoying captcha pictwords wouldn't let me by.

can we get rid of those on the register/login page?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Using your email address as your login user name is one of the worst things you can do these days as the spam harvesting email bots will have it in a flash, then your inbox will over time be full of pills and male enhancement products.

As for Captcha, thats here to stay sadly as its one small tool to aid in preventing as many of the spammers from automatically signing up as possible.

If the login page said your email address is in use, have you in the past had an account here?

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, leQ:wave

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

A warm welcome to MajorGeeks Best Forums

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds