Up a gum tree

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Golden220, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Golden220

Golden220 Private E-2

Hi, hope someone can help......
    I've been ploughing through the Malware Removal guide all afternoon. Got to (5) Counterspy and everything slowed when trying to download the latest definitions. Then the screen froze. Then on restart, safe mode wouldn't work, got stuck after a long list of files, and then, after a power down, and restart I got the dreaded blue 'stop error screen'
    which meant a new hard drive last time it happened

Also, any reason why some of these programs have taken so long to download this afternoon, down to a few Kb speed on my broadband

Any suggestions?

2. Golden220

Golden220 Private E-2

Thanks Kestrel!

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

5. Golden220

Golden220 Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome!
    I have copied this original posting to the Malware forum
    and asked for some urgent help

Another query, can this thread be closed so my main problem gets some attention??

END OF MESSAGE!

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

The experts over in the Malware Removal Forum will attend to your thread there regardless of the status of this thread :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds