User reviews?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by paul1149, Aug 24, 2013.

1. paul1149

paul1149 Private E-2

I'm a relatively new regular at MG, and I'm impressed by the site's quality.

One thing I haven't found is where users can leave reviews of the programs. I see ratings, but not reviews. Wouldn't this be a plus?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, if you didn't know, having the file listed here means its been tested by us. We reject most software. If you scroll down, Disqus comments are allowed at the bottom of any page including files and news. You can login using Facebook, Yahoo and more and leave your comments.

We have not allowed comments in our 14 years but decided to. You will see a lot of disinformation posted by people forcing us to delete a lot of comments with people claiming a file is infected and other BS.

We hope you can use the comment section.

3. paul1149

paul1149 Private E-2

Yes, thanks. I have used the comments section, and appreciate it (and the problems it may bring). But I think the comments are tied to particular file versions of the software, and therefore expire, whereas user reviews could be persistent. It's not a question of whether a software passes your general quality standards, it's the particulars that users discover and can share among one another that would be beneficial that I have in mind.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, again it is about whether it passes our standards whether you knew that or not. Again, we were never going to add them because we don't really need reviews. We are different then other sites in we have done this for 20 years and just adding it is a review.

The reviews are not version specific, the old stuff goes to the bottom.

Go to any big site and you will see positive reviews on garbage software all day long. While not you, most people don't know what they are talking about.

5. paul1149

paul1149 Private E-2

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize the comments were persistent. That would accomplish what I'm looking for. Be well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds