Very nervous about doing this myself, but I'm willing to try.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by FileMakerMom, Feb 2, 2013.

1. FileMakerMom

FileMakerMom Private E-2

There is something wrong with my computer but I don't know what. I'm nervous about doing anything myself, but am willing to try. My computer started running slow but I just thought it was because I had moved and had a different isp. Now, I can't click on links on web sites and/or in emails. I started on your site that tells the step by step downloading of programs and creating files, but that was a couple weeks ago (computer has been shut off since then) and now my computer won't download anything or allow me to click on links. I am currently running in safe mode with networking. Any help anyone can suggest would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. DealerMan

DealerMan Private E-2

3. FileMakerMom

FileMakerMom Private E-2

Thanks for the encouragement DealerMan. I have run all the scans but was not able to attach with my post in the removal forum. I hope I can still get some help. Of course, it may be user error as I am not sure how to use this site. :(

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.:)

Welcome to majorgeeks.

Are you talking about your logs? I see you started a thread in there so that is good. If you hit Post Reply, you should see a paper clip looking icon in the top of the reply box. You should click that to add your logs. Are you saying you don't have that button?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would also when logging in click the "remember me" box as at times you may need this ticked to add attachments, but in your Malware forum thread do follow the instructions in that thread from Chaslang, over posting backwards and forwards in that thread and this as it will be Chaslang that will help you check malware and remove it if found.

You are in safe hands with Chas.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds