video card malfunction, I think

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by greenbean, Jun 16, 2007.

1. greenbean

greenbean Private E-2

Hello, Just recently I decided to get my other computer up and running. It has been setting up for a long while.It's an IBM Aptiva E Series 270, AMD k6 2/400 3D Now. Anyway, I set everything up in the order it was supposed to be, turned it on but nothing but sound came from the tower. The monitor light came on green, went to yellow, the keyboard lit up but then out, no pic on the monitor. I thought it might be the processor and the fan. We always seemed to have trouble with it running hot when it was in use. I bought a fan/heatsink and decided to replace the processor with AMD k6 2/500. It still does the same thing. If I were to try and replace the video driver what should I replace it with. Also, my son told me he messed with a couple of switches on the motherboard that are rectangular in shape with numbers on it. Could this possibly have something to do with my problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds