video game designing

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Auiger, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Auiger

Auiger Private E-2

hi. me and a friend(over an mmo) were having a conversation about computers, and i told him that i want to be a video game designer and he said that you may
    have stuff here to help me get started, and tips on how to do it. right now i just want to do something simple until i graduate from high school. like maybe a small flash game to get me off my feet. (sorry if i double posted or posted in the wrong place or broke any rules)

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.
    Try posting in the games or Programming forum.
    The guys in there might be able to help you.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi, I'm not sure how much info you'll get here on creating games, but I'd post a question in the Games forum as wildwolf said. There's a site I go to to play flash games that are created by people such as you. If you explore it you may find some good info since it's a site specifically for that type of thing. http://www.kongregate.com/

4. Auiger

Auiger Private E-2

thank you. i did actually find some helpful stuff on the kongregate forums, but i'll still try posting in the designing and games forums too

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds