Viewing cellphone video on a computer

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by UrzaT, May 5, 2009.

1. UrzaT

UrzaT Private E-2

I'm unsure what category this should go under, so am posting it here in the Welcome Center:

My cellphone takes .3gp files. I am able to send them to my computer, but Windows XP does not recognize that file type. I have downloaded the open source program VLC Media Player. It allows me to see the video, but w/o audio.

What is the best way to convert this type of file into some type of mpeg file?

2. UrzaT

UrzaT Private E-2

Okies! Answering my own question...hope it helps others!

3GPP format is supported by Quicktime :p

So if your phone takes videos in .3gp format, just go to the Apple website & download the free Quicktime 7.

w000t!
    :wave

3. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome to MG's!! Glad you got your prob fixed and thank you for posting for all to see!! That is the great thing about our forum is everyone is so helpful and there is always something to learn! :)

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

6. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

[​IMG] Welcome to MGs, Urza. This is the grooviest site on the web.​

[​IMG]

7. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

:hyper Welcome UrsaT
    Have a look around You will find more information on different things and as KathyM said
    and as you can tell there are alot of "Different and Colorfull not to mention weirdley dressedpeople here that can help answer your questions and/or direct you to the place to get them answered.

@JOTS Nice Threads ManLOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds