Virus?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dennisremote, Apr 28, 2007.

1. dennisremote

dennisremote Private E-2

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a knowledgeable person who can help with a problem.
    I have Ad-Watch. On startup it reports Registry changes, susp.exe and taskdir.exe are always being added. This is after Safe Mode booting then followed by Normal start.
    Spybot Search and Destroy finds both 'Daily Toolbar and Smitfraud C'. I have other anti this and that that do not find anything. Running HijackThis in its catagory 04 shows susp.exe and taskdir.exe but will not rid the computer of them, or maybe they just write themselves straight back.
    Where can i go from here to rid the computer of the Daily Toolbar and Smitfraud C?
    Three more entries in H/This are of an old program i deleted because i don't use it anymore. The all look like dll or drivers belonging to the antivirus program I deleted,' PCSecurityShieldAntiVirus.'

Dennisremote

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

4. dennisremote

dennisremote Private E-2

Dear Wildwolf220

Thank you so much for your offer and I apologise being so long in replying. Chaslang began helping me and is currently looking at my system.
    Thank you - Dennis (Dennisremote)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

your quite welcome dennis!! we are all here to help if we can. the malware guys do a fantastic job! chaslang knows his stuff and will have you sorted in no time....

6. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

Hey Welcome to MGs!!!;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds