Virus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by haventgotaclue, Jul 30, 2006.

1. haventgotaclue

haventgotaclue Private E-2

hello my screen is haventgotaclue, because i dont:) :confused: we my husband and i bought this pc from his step brother and when we hooked everything to it like the net ,etc., it worked fine then this morning when i got up i got on it and now we have a lot of viruses and i downloaded a free antivirus but not sure if it is working can anyone help us oh by the way the download was spyware doc thanks kb

2. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

the free spyware doctor will only scan and find problems, you will then have to pay to remove them. Check out major geeks top freeware picks (under the info column on the home page) There is some very good free spyware and antivirus programs there.http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome KB

your best option is to follow the below guide and once completed atrach the requested logs and one of our resident malware experts will assits you in cleaning up the PC ;)

- Run ALL the steps in this Sticky thread READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

Make sure you check version numbers and get all updates.

After doing ALL of the above you still have a problem make sure you have booted to normal mode and run the steps in the below link to properly use HijackThis and attach a log:

Downloading, Installing, and Running HijackThis

When you return to make your next post, make sure you attach the following logs and that you have run these scans in the following order too (these scans are covered in steps 6 & 7 of the READ & RUN ME sticky)
    • Bitdefender
    • Panda Scan
    • HijackThis

once completed do post in the Malware Removal Forum your logs and any information you can give about what viruses or popups you have.

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Just from what I'm hearing you'll need a firewall. I had a similar experience when I first connected my computer to a high speed line.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds