Wanna help reinstalling my old Dell dimension 4300 ??

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Calam8, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

[FONT="Comic[FONT="Arial"][/FONT] Sans MS"][/FONT] Hi there, I'm new here. I'm trying to find some answers concerning my dell dimension 4300. Really hoping you'll help me out. Please, I'm a newbie, so... step by step:)
    My first question is: Is it possible to install XP-Pro ??

2. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Good day, calam8. Welcome to MajorGeeks :wave If you really want some serious help with your old rig, you wanna head off to the software and hardware sections for the answers. You'll get all the help you need there. Good luck with your project.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:cool

Welcome!
    JOTS is correct - you should start a thread in our software forum... but the quick answer is yes -- my old 4300 came with Windows ME & I upgraded first to XP Home then XP Pro.

Click here to be linked to our software forum.

Good Luck!
    dr.m

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, Calam8 :wave, I am sure you will find everything you are looking for in the forums..Then again, maybe some stuff you'd rather not know too! :-D Yes, head for the Software section, that is a great start! Good luck, and I am sure they will be easy on ya!;)

5. Weathermann

Weathermann Private First Class

Yep, that's a good place to go. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds