..~waving~...hi and question...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Psashleigh, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Psashleigh

Psashleigh Private E-2

...hi...i'm new to the forum too and i just wanted to say a hello to everyone..~smiles~...but i have a question also...ok, prolly silly but here goes...

...i'm following the read and run me 1st thread, thanks for it by the way..~s~...so it says i should do msconfig and click normal startup mode...that's working but later with the SAS, i'm supposed to reboot into normal windows boot mode.?....erm?....are they one in the same?....

..sorry for the silly question, i am just not puter savvy...

...thanks for your time and hello again...~waving~..

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Do not apologise, no question is viewed as silly here :)

HI and a warm welcome to the forums :wave

With regards to MSCONFIG we just need to be sure that you are not in selective start up which is used mainly for troubleshooting and diagnostics purposes. So do make sure on the general tab as stated that you are indeed in "normal" mode.

With regards to the SAS instructions it's simply telling you to run the program in normal mode which just means do not be in safe mode run the scans as you normally would. The only time we suggest you go into safe mode is if you are having any trouble running the tools in normal mode.

Hope that helps clear things up for you.
    Best of luck, Kes

3. Psashleigh

Psashleigh Private E-2

...~bright smile~...thank you so much, it did it did...and now with just a few more uploads, i can get going on this...

..thanks bunches and have a super evening...~warmly smiles~...

..ashleigh..

4. Kestrel13!

you're welcome! And I would also advise you to now direct any further questions you may have to Chaslang who is taking your thread on in Malware Removal :)

Kes

5. Psashleigh

Psashleigh Private E-2

...will do, thank you...:)

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. Psashleigh

Psashleigh Private E-2

..~warm smile~...thank you...this is becoming my hangout as of late...~lil laugh~...

8. Kestrel13!

..it seems to have become my hangout too LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds