Welcome Friends!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Wenchie, Feb 20, 2024.

?

How often do you use this site?

1. All the time

25.0%
  2. Not Nearly enough

75.0%
  3. This is my first time!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Welcome Friends! I hope you're enjoying your time with us!

Major Geeks is a wealth of information. I am an OG geek from the site's beginnings, and watching it grow and evolve as a resource has been amazing. I've been asked to say hello, as the resident Cruise Director. I'm not that smart, but I'm adorable, like the resident pet.
    • Remember to read the rules and guidelines in each section and try to make sure your question is in the right place.
    • Remember to take a break from trying to throw your PC out of the window and stop on over to The Lounge forum to shoot the breeze and make some friends. You don't need to be a drive by user, stop in, put your feet up, and join the family.
    Tips and Tricks for getting the best answers (also stated elsewhere):
    • Be Clear and Concise: State your issue or problem succinctly. Avoid unnecessary details or unrelated information. A concise question helps support Geeks understand your situation quickly.
    • Include Relevant Details: Provide relevant information such as your operating system, software version, and any troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken. Clear details enable faster problem-solving.
    • Provide Context: (Screen Shots if you have them are AMAZING) Briefly describe the context or background related to your issue. Include relevant details such as the software, hardware, or service you’re using, any recent changes, and error messages you’ve encountered.
    • Use Open Questions: Start with open-ended questions that begin with “how,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “who,” or “why.” These questions encourage detailed responses and help support agents understand the broader context.
      • For example:
        • “How can I resolve this error?”
        • “What steps should I take to troubleshoot?”
    • Avoid Stacking Questions: Refrain from asking multiple open questions at once. Focus on one question at a time to prevent confusion. For instance, instead of: “Why are you unhappy with our current service? And how much money do you think you could save moving elsewhere?” ask each question separately.
    • Be Polite and Respectful: Remember that support agents are there to assist you. Use a courteous tone and express appreciation for their help.
    So how can we help each other today?? Don't be gross. That's my job.

the mekanic and LauraR like this.
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

The ghost from Geeks past! Glad to see you here Wenchie! :) Best cruise directer ever.

Wenchie likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds