Welcome

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by oldgraywolf, Jul 28, 2019.

1. oldgraywolf

oldgraywolf Private E-2

I'm not really sure I'm even doing this right but here goes. My name is oldgraywolf and if you saw me you would know why anyway enough on that. I'm new to Major Geeks and I sure hope someone in the community can help me. If a computer wiz was rated on a scale from 1 to 10 i would be a minus 20 or so ergo I need help. My problem is music or lack of it. In an effort to move beyond a transistor radio I purchased a Hspro M9P wireless mp3 player to have some old- time music to listen to primarily when I'm at the gym to get my body in better shape seems everyone but me has music.. what I am hoping for is a suggestion for a safe site to get free music if that's possible mostly old rock and roll. and be able to create a playlist I think it's called And have step by step instructions I can understand on how to get the music on the player even if it's in video form on the site I just want some tunes. I would need dummy 101 help to accomplish the task I hope So If I haven't confused everyone by how I explained what I would like to accomplish with much needed help purhaps someone will respond to this post if that is what it's called and get me on track MY WARMEST THANKS AND APPRECIATION FOR ANY ATTEMPT AT HELP[ING THIS OLDGRAYWOLF oh I almost forgot I have a windows 10 os on an old dell computer

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MajorGeeks. :)

One suggestion is to listen to your favorite radio station on your cellphone/smartphone.
    Or, if you have internet access on your phone, you could stream a radio station that only plays old rock 'n roll.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What era 50's or 60's or a mix of both? Do you have any songs you'd like?
    My husband knows 50's and early 60's and I'm more mid and late 60's music.
    We bought about 16 CDs of jukebox music on which we used to listen to on the computer or a CD player. Later I ripped the songs we wanted and put them on a player.

I also download from uTube since my husband and I are the only ones listening on our mp3 players and not sharing, I've never had a problem. We have four mp3 players.

I plug the players or micro sd card into the computer. I open Windows Explorer and copy the mp3 files onto the player or players.

Post some songs you'd want. That will give me an idea of what to look for and point you to. I might even have them ripped from the CDs we own.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds