What is the next step after posting logs?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jddebo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. jddebo

jddebo Private E-2

Hi...I'm new here and posted a request for help removing the Ramnit virus. I followed all the steps in the Read & Run link that was given to me. I posted the logs of all the steps. And made sure I gave thanks to that reply (it really helped on my desktop which is not the original problem).

So, what is the next step? How long is the normal time frame to receive follow up instructions? I want to follow forum rules, but what if those steps didn't solve the problem? How long do I have to wait before I can post again? My laptop is still missing the icons/toolbar. I worked through the Task Manager in order to download and run cleaners. The "MyComputer" icon is showing the blank white box with blue border. Any/all guidance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to the forums. First I am sorry to say but when posting logs for help with infections. You should post in the"malware section" of forums. You posted in software. BUT that is totally alright because I don't know if you were told to post them there or not. But what to do? You hope that someone with privs to move your thread to the malware section of forums so it can be looked at. Infection work in software forum is very rarely done. So just wait and hope someone moves your thread. If not then make a new thread in malware section. And link it to the thread you made in the software section. So they can view your logs.

Can someone please move his logs from this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=224851 to malware please?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds