What's the minimum required here?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Hawaiianflowergirl, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Hawaiianflowergirl

Hawaiianflowergirl Private E-2

I'm asking this because I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you to try and help out folks like me. You know, your average home user. I'm more likely to post phrases such as: "Well, I don't know what it's called, but..." or "Huh, how do I do that?," or even (gasp!) something like, "Ok, now could you give that to me again...this time in plain English?"

So, before I ask for your help with my current problem...I suppose I'd like to know...How stupid is too stupid?

heh heh.

Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

We have at Majorgeeks strived to deal with all levels of knowledge and will if you state that your a really novice user, try to tailor our replies accordingly, even in this means adding step by step guides and pictures to follow.

So to us no question is a dumb one ( only the one not asked ) and even if you think its an easy one for a techie, hey ask it anyway as we all have to start somewhere?

So fire away with your question, but do start it in the most appropriate forum area, so a question on Windows or some software goes in Software forum, Question on your motherboard, CDROM etc goes in Hardware.. you get the picture, but we will move it to correct one for you if its not in correct area so it gets maximum views from the folk who can help in that area.

But don't worry about doing anything wrong, post away.

3. Hawaiianflowergirl

Hawaiianflowergirl Private E-2

Well gosh, thank you very much!
    This must be by far, the kindest forum welcome...ever.
    Whew! I feel much better now and will post my question shortly.

Thanks again!

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:wave Welcome to MG.
    There are a few of us here that try to make things easy to understand and follow.
    If you need to say, "Speak English, not Geek.", someone will end up translating. ;)
    The most important thing is to give us as much info as you can.
    Like the; round, flat, shiny thing doesn't play music, when I put it in the retractable cup holder. :D

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

See spot. See spot run. Run spot!

That might be a little too low for here. But I doubt it.

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

First of all, bwahahaha at

Second of all, roflmao at

Thirdly, Welcome to MGs :)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

roflmao@ muskie.

:wave Hawaiian and welcome to MG's..

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

This has got to be the friendliest forum I have every found. A lot of people come for help, and stay for the people. On the way they pick up a couple of things besides.

Welcome to Major Geeks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds