Where do i post this?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Vast41, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Vast41

Vast41 Private First Class

I am getting this message "The board has been moved to a new server. If you still seeing this message, you could try the following to flush your DNS cache: ipconfig /flushdns" quite a bit, where do i ask what it means?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Will explain

http://208.101.7.150/forums/showthread.php?t=106870

The server the forum is on got moved yesterday and sadly it seems that the DNS servers that cache IP addresses to URLs are working slow to re-propagate the new forum URL. Links to threads you are subscribed to may not work correctly at present, hence that message, even if you do the flushg DNS cache they still may not for a few days.

3. Vast41

Vast41 Private First Class

Thanks for explaination Halo

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No probs, just hope this clears up in a few days if flushing your DNS cache and deleting your temp internet and cookies doesnt help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds