Where to post? Cannot access random websites

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by CareyBeth, Feb 19, 2008.

1. CareyBeth

CareyBeth Private E-2

Hi - I have been recommended to your site by a few of the guys in our tech dept (as they are really stumped). So - here I am!

A few weeks ago when trying to go to yahoo.com (to use yellow-pages link) I instead was redirected (maybe not correct term) to a yahoo serch page with search results for "yahoo.com". I chose a link -to see what would happen and got that old painfull "Internet Explorer cannot access display webpage".

I have two computers on the same network - one allowed me to access the other would not. NOW - other random websites like epicurious.com and msn.com are having the same issue and both computers won't access seeminly random sites - first redirecting me to a search page (depending on what I have as my default) and then the cannot access

My tech friends had me download and ru multiple spyware, malware etc... but the issue still exsists.

I have deleted all cookies etc... I have re-set to all default settings - still nothing.

I am really frustrated as now I can not access my e-mail account either or my local ISP website! Luckily - I can access you. Any suggestions (that a non-tech wizard can follow)? I would be forever grateful. :)

I will check my e-mail from my work computer - which funny enough will let me go anywhere! thanks in advance!

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds