Why Doesn't Instagram Let Me Follow Anyone?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by michael robinson, Nov 5, 2016.

1. michael robinson

michael robinson Corporal

Why doesn't instagram let me follow anyone?
    When I try to follow them it just reverts back to the blue button. Why is it doing this?

2. michael robinson

Will this be the issues because my android phone is rooted or no ?

3. michael robinson

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

o_O Bumping your own thread (posting several times in sequence or repeatedly to bring attention), is bad forum etiquette and frowned upon everywhere.

5. michael robinson

Ok sorry.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Are you 100% sure that you are properly logged in to an Instagram account of your own? You can only follow someone if you are logged in.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  7. michael robinson

QUOTE="MaxTurner, post: 1978307, member: 501493"]Are you 100% sure that you are properly logged in to an Instagram account of your own? You can only follow someone if you are logged in.[/QUOTE]
    Yes I am login when i press the follow button on someone instagram profile the button change back to follow again here is a video of my issues I am having

8. michael robinson

I think instagram block me for following people back or i pass the instagram follower limit.

9. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

Hey Michael, not being able to follow people on Instagram is probably a result of one of the following

Why won't Instagram let me follow people?

Mainly such a problem occurs due to one of the following reasons:

1. You’ve reached 7500 limit and just can’t follow more. Unfollow somebody - choose those accounts that you’ve began following older and do not care for.​

2. You’ve been following way too much people way too quickly - that may be recognized by Instagram as a potential fraud indicating you are ‘mass-following’ with some shady software. Then it’s a temporary ban. You may expect some mail from Instagram regarding it.​

10. michael robinson

I have 7500 Following and have 3719 Followers .

11. michael robinson

How do i follow more people if i have pass the instagram follow limit ?

12. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

See item #1 in post #9.

13. michael robinson

I will just make a new one and keep the old one .

14. Eldon

Be careful... if Instagram finds out, you might have both accounts suspended. :eek:

15. michael robinson

Will they be the issues or not because i have 3719 followers and have 7499 followings ?

16. Eldon

Two accounts is what I'm referring to.

17. michael robinson

how do some user on instagram still can follow user if they pass the follow limited some people still can follow people if they have 1K followers ?

18. Eldon

If you're sure about this then check with Instagram.

19. michael robinson

How do i contact them .

20. Eldon

21. michael robinson

22. michael robinson

Will a instagram api robot work to get more followers and followings ?

23. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

No, an API robot will not work and likely get you banned from Instagram. Please read the following. You can have as many people following you as you like. The 7,500 follow limit only applies to you.

I'm getting the message "Error: You can't follow anymore people."

In order to reduce spam, Instagram doesn't allow anyone to follow more than 7,500 people. This helps ensure that people are following our Community Guidelines.

Anyone who tries to follow more than 7,500 people will get this error message, regardless of how many followers they have. Any accounts that are following more than 7,500 people did so before this change was made.

Thanks for your support and understanding!

Source - https://help.instagram.com/512216282236764/?helpref=hc_fnav

To make things even more unfair, Instagram has set this limitation for new users that haven’t reached 7,500 limit. Users who were following more than 7,500 users can now follow to unlimited number of users without ever reaching any limits.

There is no way to bypass that limitation and you should be careful to whom you follow. Unless you unfollow less active or bad-picture-sharing users you can’t make your Instagram account more active by adding more users.

I tried to find if there are other Instagram follow limits and found the following:
    • 150 follows per hour
    • 150 unfollows per hour
    • 150 likes per hour
    • 50 comments per hour
    These limits were set to avoid automated scripts and bots to mass follow and unfollow users to reach greater number of followers. You shouldn’t care about these limits because it is impossible to follow 150 users in one hour unless you are running some automated script.

Source - http://ubuntulife.net/instagram-follow-limit-you-cant-follow-anymore-people/

michael robinson and Eldon like this.
  24. michael robinson

Ok thank you

25. ragmacaron

ragmacaron Private E-2

Just wait for a few days and Instagram will sort it out, and let you follow anyone again. It's a measure to prevent their servers from clogging up. So don't overdo it. You can't follow more than 7500 people too

26. michael robinson

Ok.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds