Why is Google and Gmail down in Viet Nam?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by huntersmith8181, Feb 9, 2008.

1. huntersmith8181

huntersmith8181 Private E-2

Hello MajorGeeks users:

I come to Viet Nam most years with my family for vietnamese new year ... every year something new is wacky with the net here ... this year it is very difficult to access google.com and even harder to get into my email at gmail.com ...

I have been able from time to time to access my gmail account, but starting at google.ca and then clicking gmail or from google.com.vn

normally the message I get is that the server timed out and that the website was either busy or not working ...

I can access every other site I commonly visit that is based in Viet Nam or the West without difficulty. I have had this same problem from various wifi providers using a laptop or an an internet cafe using their desktops.

I would appreciate any info you may have regarding this problem. I understand that that was just a major cable problem afffecting south asia, but I don't see why this would continue to affect just google.

thanks,
    Hunter

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

the only thing i can find is this

http://www.out-law.com/page-2908

if i try to access Googlevietnam.com the page just times out so maybe the server is down

welcome to MGs where you find a better class of geek

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds