Why is my computer so slow

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Gazza19, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Gazza19

Gazza19 Private E-2

Hi my computer has been running so slow lately almost to stop, it also brings up the wrong page in int.exp then randomly shuts them down, the computer has also shut down completely a couple of times. Please help.. Gary.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

I d suggest maybe checking out the Malware section first http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 And when done(if you get to complete other wise post problems). But when done post all proper logs so they can check. Also they can take few days to reply to your response in Malware section they go in order or priority. Also when done with scanning post in the malware section with them. Also if its nothing to do maybe they will say go to software after that.. But do that and get them scanning.. Also bigger note.. Welcome to MG forums! :wave

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, Gazza19, :wave and I also hope you can get your machine straightened out... Sure, it will take time, but just take it one step at a time... Hang in there, and don't give up. ;)

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Gazza19 to the best forum
    As TeeCee & Silas mentioned do the READ AND RUN ME FIRST then post your logs in the Malware forum. You'll have the best malware fighters here working with you. While you wait, check out the rest of the place as you can surely learn a lot more then you'd expect. The group here is great to hang with and even better when you have a question to ask. And don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy.

5. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Welcome! I am not a MajorGeek, I just like picking their brains cause they sure are smart. Def. follow Silas' lead and one of our fearless MG leader can help.

6. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome to MG's!! You will get your puter purring like a kitten when the experts are done with helping you!! This is by far the best puter forum around!! :)

7. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

I would say welcome to MajorGeeks, but I notice you've been here two years already.
    So......Welcome to the Welcome Centre at MajorGeeks. :wave
    Stay a while and have a look round the forums. We could do with more Brits there.

*Please be British or I look like a total smeghead.*

Why do I get the feeling he's never going to visit this thread again? :confused

8. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Maybe because this is his first post in 2 years. NOT that he hasn't logged on and just read the posts. I'm sure he'll be back Joey.;)don't cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds