Windows 2000 Professional

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by wka233, Sep 15, 2006.

1. wka233

wka233 Private E-2

:) :cool: :confused Hello Everyone!! I am new to this site, but think I will Love it,because I love the computer and internet!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please help me with this problem or issue I have regarding this message I receive when I boot up. It goes as windows 2000 root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I am really at my wits end as to how to resolve this issue without having to reformat my drive and reinstalling windows. And Lord only know I really don't want to, plus I would lose all I have which is quite a few files. And if I would have had any idea this was going to happen I would have at least tried to back them up

Please if someone could help me with this and a simpler way I'd be forever grateful. I have read about it and I have tried some things, but to no avail and the other stuff to be hones I don't understand it all. Thanks so much, wka233

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Have you tried a repair install?

With your 2000 Pro CD handy insert it into your pc and reboot.

The first menu will now appear, it will say "Press any key to boot from CD...." at this point press the space bar on the computer
    Windows will start to install. This may take some time as Windows copies file in preparation to install.
    Now press "ENTER" to start the Install.
    Now the user Agreement, read and Press "F8" to continue.
    Now select the Windows 2000 installation and press "R" to repair.

3. wka233

wka233 Private E-2

Help with Window 2000 Professional

Thanks so much for your help, yes I went in and tried to do repair, but it really didn't let me do much, or else it couldn't repair that problem. I am new this site,but do like it alot,very interesting and informative. Sure do hope someone can help me resolve this problem or issue and really need some step by step method if possible:) Thanks again in advance. I'm not sure which forum I should be in, but if it needs to go to hardware or software, could someone point me to the right direction, thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds