Windows Explorer In Windows 10 Not Updating File Changes W/o Refresh

Discussion in 'Software' started by curiouslywritten, Apr 14, 2024.

1. curiouslywritten

curiouslywritten Private E-2

I am getting ready to build myself a new PC but I have never seen this happen consistently before. When I make changes to files such as renaming or moving them to another file, the changes will not reflect until I refresh that particular file. I mostly use OneCommander but I like using Windows Explorer for my photos I edit.

I have done all the standard maintenance and diagnostic with Glarys and WinTools without any glaring problems. I have seen this happen temporarily in the past but this has become standard for this PC which is an old Dell Optiplex with Windows 10 Pro N and running a i7-3770 with 24GB of RAM. It has started to lag a bit and doesn't perform up to snuff so I have been trading for parts and finally got my last piece. But, I am curious as to a potential cause or fix for this. I have been using Windows since the first release and have never had this become just normal behavior. The specs are not that bad that it should be doing this. I have used much older machines with far more outdated tech and Explorer was able to do basic task like live changes to files.

Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds