windows xp not working properly

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by redpanda, Jun 8, 2009.

1. redpanda

redpanda Private E-2

hi have a problem with my pc script is missing and also wrong characters appear ie o for i and i for o etc also drivers missing sound video not working,
    and picture not clear apppears ghost effect .tried to reboot but crashes after 15 -20 min to re load please note the problems started when the picture froze when playing on apr server have i got avirus or is it ahardware problem Can you help me please access to internet was slow as well.:mad

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Redpanda
    Your problem could be either one. I would suggest posting in software first they can better advice as to where to post. Sounds like you might be infected. but you're in the right place to get that fixed. Enjoy the rest of the place while you wait.

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, redpanda :wave, you have come to the right place.... I would suggest posting in the Software, as there are a lot more people there, and you will get more results there. As far as a hardware problem, let's start with Software, and take it one step at a time... ;)

4. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Oh, dear, redpanda, sounds like you got issues. Don't worry, all the help you need is at hand.
    Welcome, and don't panic, you are in very safe hands here at MGs. :wave

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds