windowsXP question

Discussion in 'Software' started by clemmo, Nov 20, 2003.

1. clemmo

clemmo Private E-2

this is probably a very basic question but i just got a new computer and i'm running windows xp home version. when setting up the computer (dell) i set it up for two users, myself and my wife. my question is how do i go from one user to the other user. if when my wife finishes her surfing and i want to check my documents etc. how do i exit her user setting and enter mine?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and it will bring up options for LOGOFF and SWITCH USER.

Logoff will close down the current session and allow you to login as a new user

Switching allows you to keep the current session active but disconnect that session so you can login as another user. Then you can go back to the other session by switching back again and everything should be already open that she was working on.

3. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Where am I missing that? When I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL I get Windows Task Manager .

4. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Top of task manager, click "Shut Down"

5. SapnoKiRani

SapnoKiRani Private E-2

At the Windows Task Manager window, click on that USERS tab at the top. That will allow you to log off other users.

6. howie

howie Private E-2

Isn't there a log off button next to the turn off computer button at the bottom of the start menu in home? its on pro

7. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Yes, click on "Start", and then click on "Log Off (user)"
    The windows screen with your name, and your wife's, will come up, and you can pick which user to log on

8. rond36

rond36 Private E-2

To log off from the computer
    Click Start, click Log off, and then click Log off.
    When you log off from the computer, you close your user account but the computer remains on for easy access the next time you log on.

To log on, click your user account icon on the Welcome screen. Or, on a domain, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and then type your account information.

To change users without logging off in a workgroup environment
    Click Start, click Log off, and then click Switch User.
    On the Welcome screen, click another user account icon.
    Windows displays the new user's desktop and settings.

You can identify the current user account by clicking Start and reading the account name located on the Start menu.

For more information on this and other topics go to Start menu and click on Help and Support.

9. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

clemmo,

Have you got it now? Any problem still?

10. titanprogrammer

titanprogrammer Private E-2

WOW ! there is a lot of information, Clemo you can also fast switch between users. It is set up by default. Window button and the L at the same time will log the user off and allow you to choose another user. Window + L

TIA have a nice day
    TP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds